Computer Aided Design (CAD) Engineering
Hill Engineering is looking to hire a Senior Engineer with experience in Computer Aided Design (CAD) to join our growing team in Clearfield, UT.
A Senior Engineer independently applies extensive and diversified knowledge of principles and practices within the technical specialty and related fields. A Senior Engineer receives supervision and guidance relating to overall objectives, critical issues, new concepts, and policy matters. The majority of the workday will be spent in an office environment. A Senior Engineer in the organization may perform the following duties:
- Apply a thorough knowledge of principles and practices of CAD engineering within the area of technical specialty.
- Independently evaluate, select, and adapt standard techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Design and conduct experiments, and analyze and interpret data.
- Use advanced techniques in the modification or extension of theories and practices to complete assignments.
- Remain informed of new methods and developments affecting the organization.
- Design a complete project, system, component, or process.
- Develop new techniques and/or improve processes, materials, or products, and standard operating procedures.
- Prepare and review complete project documents for conformity and quality assurance.
- Represent the organization at meetings and conferences.
- Interact with other staff, vendors, contractors, and customers.
- Assist with identification and development of new projects.
- Provide technical support, guidance, and mentoring to staff.
A Senior Engineer with a specialty of CAD Engineering shall be generally familiar with the basic concepts in the following areas:
- 2-D drawings and Model Based Definition (MBD)
- Solid modeling and Product Lifecycle Management (PLM)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
A Senior Engineer with a specialty of CAD Engineering shall have strong computer skills including experience with the following software programs:
- MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Solid Modeling software (NX and SolidWorks)
- Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software (TeamCenter)
Education and experience requirements
A Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering (BSME) or equivalent is required. Exceptions to the BS degree requirement may be granted for qualifying engineering work experience. A minimum of five years of relevant working experience is required (10+ preferred).
Some travel may be required (typically 1 to 5 day trips). Less than 5% travel expected.