Computer Aided Design (CAD) Engineering
Hill Engineering is looking to hire an Engineer II with experience in Computer Aided Design (CAD) to join our growing team in Clearfield, UT.
An Engineer II develops and applies broad knowledge in a specific technical area. An Engineer II receives general direction on key objectives and receives guidance when necessary on unconventional or complex problems. The workday will be spent in office and laboratory environments. An Engineer II in the organization may perform the following duties:
- Apply knowledge of principles and practices in a specific technical area.
- Evaluate, select, and apply standard techniques, procedures, and criteria to perform a task or sequence of tasks.
- Collaboratively use judgment to determine adaptations in methods for non-routine tasks.
- Design and conduct experiments, and analyze and interpret data.
- Design a complete project, system, component, or process.
- Formulate and solve problems.
- Provide feedback on standard operating procedures.
- Attend project meetings and present specific aspects.
- Interact with other staff, vendors, contractors, and customers.
- Assist in determining schedule and budget requirements.
- Prepare portions of or complete project documents.
An Engineer II with the technical specialty of CAD Engineering shall have a detailed understanding in topics directly related to their technical specialty including:
- 2-D drawings and Model Based Definition (MBD)
- Solid modeling and Product Lifecycle Management (PLM)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
A Engineer II with the technical specialty of CAD Engineering shall have strong computer skills including experience with the following software programs:
- MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Solid Modeling software (NX and SolidWorks)
- Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software (TeamCenter)
Education and experience requirements
A Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering (BSME) or equivalent is required. Exceptions to the BS degree requirement may be granted for qualifying engineering work experience. A minimum of three years of relevant working experience is required (5+ preferred).
Some travel may be required (typically 1 to 5 day trips). Less than 5% travel expected.