Rancho Cordova, CA
An Engineer I acquires knowledge about our business and technologies and develops skills as a junior member of our team. Engineers hired in this role will operate under direct supervision but will expected to work independently and on teams depending on projects or client engagement. Work will take place in Hill Engineering’s casual office and laboratory environments. An Engineer I can expect to be exposed to the following duties:
- Apply prescribed techniques and procedures in accordance with established criteria.
- Collect data and gather information or documents.
- Perform computations and analyses.
- Perform design tasks.
- Generate and modify CAD solid models.
- Design and prototype automated devices.
- Prepare written test reports.
- Interact with other staff, vendors, and contractors.
An Engineer I should be familiar with basic concepts in the following areas:
- Solid mechanics (e.g., mechanics of materials and machine design)
- Linear motion and control
- Design and automation of mechanical systems
- Finite element analysis and software (ABAQUS preferred)
- Computer programming (e.g., MatLab, C++, FORTRAN, C#, or VB.NET)
- Modeling using various software programs (Solid Works preferred)
- Operation of basic machine tools and test equipment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Education and experience requirements
A Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering (BSME) or equivalent is required.
Some travel may be required (typically 1 to 5 day trips). Less than 5% travel expected.
Typical physical demands
Occasional lifting and carrying of heavy parts and boxes up to 50 pounds will be required.