Rancho Cordova, CA
An Engineer I acquires limited knowledge and develops basic skills. An Engineer I operates under direct supervision, but will be expected to work independently the majority of the time. The workday will be spent in office and laboratory environments. An Engineer I in the organization may perform the following duties:
- Apply prescribed techniques and procedures in accordance with established criteria.
- Collect data and gather information or documents.
- Perform standard computations or analyses.
- Perform basic design tasks.
- Generate and modify CAD solid models.
- Design and prototype automated devices.
- Prepare written test reports.
- Interact with other staff, vendors, and contractors.
- An Engineer I shall be generally familiar with the basic concepts in the following areas and a detailed understanding in one or more area is expected:
- Solid mechanics (e.g., mechanics of materials and machine design).
- Linear motion and control.
- Design and automation of mechanical systems.
- Finite element analysis.
- Computer programming (e.g., MatLab, C++, FORTRAN, C#, or VB.NET).
- Operation of basic machine tools and test equipment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
An Engineer I shall have strong computer skills including experience with the following software programs:
- MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Solid Modeling software (Solid Works preferred).
- Finite element software (ABAQUS preferred).
Education and experience requirements
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering (BSME) or equivalent is required.
- Travel requirements: Some travel may be required (typically 1 to 5 day trips). Less than 5% travel expected.
- Typical physical demands: Occasional lifting and carrying of heavy parts and boxes up to 50 pounds will be required.