Reliable technique for intermediate measurement depths
Ring Core is used to measure residual stress over depths spanning the near-surface to bulk regions. The method can be applied to quantify the average residual stress over the depth of a drilled core (typically 3.0 to 5.0 mm depth). Ring Core is portable, and can be applied under a variety of circumstances, including in the field. Hill Engineering uses Ring Core measurements to support process development and quality control. Ring Core measurements are performed in our laboratory or at your site, to your specifications.
Ring core is useful for
- Residual stress measurement over intermediate depths (to depth of 5.0 mm)
- Applications requiring in-field measurements with portable equipment
- Measuring multiple stress components (in-plane principal stresses)
- Parts with large or complex geometry
- Applications requiring rapid turn time