Rancho Cordova, CA
A Technician performs standard testing processes on a variety of equipment and records and analyzes results. A Technician will operate under direct supervision, with the expectation of working independently a majority of the time. The majority of the workday will be spent in a laboratory environment. A Technician in the organization may perform the following duties:
- Perform laboratory tasks following prescribed techniques and procedures in accordance with established criteria.
- Collect data and gather information or documents.
- Perform standard computations and analyses of experimental test data.
- Prepare written test reports.
- Maintain organization and cleanliness of laboratory.
- Interact with other staff and company vendors.
A Technician shall be generally familiar with the basic concepts in the following areas and a detailed understanding in one or more area is expected. Job-specific training will be provided.
- Operation of basic machine tools (drill press, band saw, and mill).
- Operation of wire electric discharge machine (EDM).
- Operation of company specific testing equipment.
- Application of strain gages.
- Use of laboratory microscopes.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong computer skills including experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Education and experience requirements
An Associates degree or equivalent is required.
Some travel may be required (typically 1 to 5 day trips). Less than 5% travel expected.
Typical physical demands
Occasional lifting and carrying of heavy parts and boxes up to 50 pounds will be required.